I like to teach. I like to write. And I like meeting family and new people. But doing all these things in one weekend is a lot of work. Now, I am resting from the events of the past 2 days.
- Visiting my parents. Greeting my brother who was in Thailand for 5 months and just got back to Germany.
- Writing a first draft for my new children’s story: I like the general structure, but need to even out some quirks that mess up the pace. One rule you learn when doing art: never go with your first idea (at least not immediately). Your first draft can often be improved!
- Helping my mom with a fundraiser: She works with women in Uganda to help them get an education an get out of poverty. The fundraiser: Make 2000 bars of soap and ship them to several groups/churches for a Christmas market. The workload: large, but getting less large. Also, my mom knows how to do it well.
- Host a workshop on creative prayer at my home church: Part of a set of workshops. 2 sessions, I had 9 participants over the course of the day. Always fun to see how complete “newbies” try new things out. And how it speaks to them.
- Support a classmate: Our class decided to host a church service in Frankfurt. It’s the home church of one of my classmates, he did the sermon. Some played music, some did the MC, some did a quick interview. I just showed up, but I was glad I did.
So it was a full weekend… I’m happy that we don’t have school, tomorrow :)
You must log in to post a comment.