Big announcement for anyone in Karlsruhe/Mannheim region: Now you can get “Five Friends/Fünf Freunde”-postcards at the Christian bookstores in Mannheim and Karlsruhe! The money I make from these cards will sponsor the FRRME, an organisation that provides practical help to refugees and war victims of the Middle East.
I want to raise $2000 for the FRRME and am also using my Patreon-Site for this purpose: If you like my art and want to support me, become my patron with any amount you like. Every time I release a new work, I get paid the amount you specified. And depending on how much you give, you can get rewards as a gift. The first $2000 go to the FRRME, after that I will use the earnings to support my own work.
I have been providing for this ‘UN-protected’ camp for more than three days on a raw. There are a couple of definitions for the word protection, here are two;
(Protected: a person or thing that prevents someone or something from suffering harm or injury. a legal or other formal measure intended to preserve civil liberties and rights.)
I don’t know what they believe it means but I am not seeing any of these implied actions applied.
There hasn’t been any sort of relief work for more than a month now, other than what I have supplied. The situation is miserably dire.
I received a call a couple of days ago “please Dr. Sarah help us. Please.” I could take you through the stages of my anger and frustration but there is no need. I was told that since early February when I visited, nobody has come and no supplies were delivered.
I took a list of what is needed and I made sure to get it there. That included food, personal hygiene supplies, off the counter and description medicine, necessities for the disabled.
There is still so much to be done and it couldn’t be finished in one day.
It’s spring break and will be for about 8 weeks. This means no lectures, but it doesn’t mean no art!
I will be doing a lot of stuff, but here are… The Top 5 Projects for the Spring Break:
1. Paint 5 oil paintings (school work)
2. Take part in a book illustration contest to try to win the “Meefisch- Marktheidenfelder Prize for Book Illustration”. This is a German prize for the best unpublished illustration project in the German-speaking area. The winner gets 2000Euros and their book is published with the Arena Verlag, a big publishing group of the German-speaking area.
I will illustrate my story “Somehow Something is Missing!” (translated into German) and try to do this digitally. I prefer “real-life”, but digital paintings can be printed easier.
The book will look something like this:
3. Start selling postcards of the painting “Five Friends/Fünf Freunde” for my fundraising campaign. All the money will go to the FRRME (Foundation for Relief and Reconciliation in the Middle East) Click here for more information: www.patreon.com/nicoleheymann ; www.frrme.org
4. Finish my CD and start selling it, possibly also on iTunes. You can listen in for a sneak peek:
5. Get busy in the garden! I want to start some veggies and flowers for summer to give away to people. They will be able to donate whatever they like for the plants. The money will help pay for my plane ticket to Cyprus this fall. Gardening is a fun art form!
I said the painting would be done by tuesday night, and so it was. Here it is: House at the End of the Road. This is the biggest picture I have done so far, 110x120cm (3′ 8”x4′). It is done in oil on canvas.
I am raising money for the Foundation for Relief and Reconciliation in the Middle East (FRRME) with my Patreon site.
Here are some updates on what the FRRME are doing (as of Jan 13, 2015):
– St George’s Hospital and Church in Baghdad are doing well, despite terrible conditions in Baghdad
– Many people are refugees within Iraq (Internally Displaced Persons, IDPs), especially in the Northern parts. Andrew White’s team up there have been doing a great job continuing to provide food and warm clothing to the hundreds in distress. Dr Sarah (Canon Andrew’s PA) continues to head up the work.
– Project “Ishmael and Isaac”: Reconciliation efforts of Jews and Muslims.
Here is my new Patreon-site! It’s a crowdfunding platform where you can support creators and their content. I will use it for my art, but the first $2000 I make will go to the FRRME, because they are an amazing organisation that makes a big difference in Iraq. (Details on the site)
So if you want to sponsor a really cool cause by supporting my art, go check it out! Feel free to share this with anyone you know! :)
Patreon is a crowdfunding-platform where people can support creators of any kind. And when you support creators, you get rewards back!
I will use this site for my own support in the future, but first I want to use it to sponsor refugees. So the first $2000 will go to the Foundation for Relief and Reconciliation in the Middle East (FRRME), run by Canon Andrew White. They help people in Baghdad and the region with food, medical supplies and reconciliation work. (www.frrme.org).
So if you want to support me, the FRRME (or even just get rewards…), go check it out!
I see the war on IS going on and all the people who are refugees because of it. I wanted to raise money for these people and wanted to do something original. So I decided to paint a picture of syrian refugee kids and to get sponsors for it. The painting is in the making and in 2 weeks my campaign will be able to start on Patreon. You’ll hear more then!