I have been working on a cowboy costume for the past few weeks. And on Sunday, it got to present itself to the world of the student costume party! :)
The motto was “Throwback Thursday”, and the best costume got a prize. Quite a few people showed up in costume, including a fighter pilot, a dutch maid, a hippie, and a knight in chainmail armor. I personally liked the hippie the best, but I also liked the knight costume a lot. It was not surprising to me that he took the prize in the end.
(Unfortunately, I don’t have good pictures of the party itself, but I can say that the hosts did a great job, and that it was fun!)
It’s cold and rainy these days and it gets dark before 5 PM. This is not the kind of thing to encourage a person. But luckily there is a lot you can do indoors, like studying, or reading, or making costumes.
I finally could bring my mannequin out from the art room in the basement to my dorm room on the top floor. Eventhough it’s hollow, it’s heavier than you might think. It now stands at the far end of my room and lightens up the costume corner:
I put my mannequin right to work by modeling my costume for the party next week. I have been getting a cowgirl costume ready and could see the pieces coming together for the first time. I really like how the pieces are working together and just prepared some final details like the holster and some fringe. Soon, I will have it done!
I also got some work done on the elephant mask. It will be a gift for a friend, so I want to get it done really well. I seem to have trouble with the painting techniques, though. I get the procedures of oil painting and acrylic painting mixed up, meaning that I apply the colors in the wrong order and intensity at a time. This can result in kind of a mess. But I had the same issue with the rhino mask and it turned out just fine. So this will work out, too.