The Summer Exhibit is over, the rooms are mostly back to normal, and I officially am done with my formal art education. I got an A- (1,66 in German grades) on my diploma and could just rest on that…
But that’s not happening, here’s what will really happen:
- I will take a 2-week vacation with my parents and sisters in Italy. Although it is a vacation, I want to use that time to draw and go to art exhibits. One week Tusany near Pisa, one week Venice.
- I will try to paint 2-4 Paintings as well as reframe some of the old ones. I still get to use the art studio at the academy until I leave in September
- A mini-art-show in one of the main museums of Karlsruhe! I applied for a place, and I actually got accepted! I can only show one piece, so it’ll either be “Window”, “9th Street”, or “2 Fishing Boats”.
The show will be on Sunday, August 21st, at the Botanical Gardens of the Kunsthalle Karlsruhe. It’s part of the “Kunsthallensommer”. The Motto “Montmartre, Paris“
- Study at the academy’s library. They are open even during the vacation and the book about art and art history are amazing! I hardly had time to be there before, but now I do :)
- Getting ready to move out: I will start studying for another degree, this time Theology. I will move to a small town in Hessen (3h north from where I live now) and study at a small but very good seminary. I will have a lot to do there, but I also get a free art studio and acess to the tool shed and shop. Art is not going away!
So that’s my summer news. What are you doing with your summer? And do you have any tips on relaxing, studying, or packing? Leave a comment if you like, and have a great day!