It took about 130h of work, but that is now over: I officially got my bachelor’s thesis printed and bound in book form. It’s about preaching with images/ how to use storytelling skills in sermons. I got to apply some dramaturgical theory (Campbell’s “Hero’s Journey”, McKee’s “Story”, character arcs, etc.) and show how stories communicate in a postmodern world. The topic was fun for me and worth a 53-page paper. But even if I liked the topic, this paper was a bit of a challenge. The biggest challenge was not the research, the writing or the motivation. The biggest challenge was the process of formatting the footnotes: In academic literature, you can’t just write whatever you want. Any thought from another source has to be referenced in a very specific order and way. I got the process done, but I also realized yet again that I am no format editor. For my books, I will be very happy to leave that job to a professional!
Now that I have this big writing goal done, I can spend more time on my own manuscripts, again. I want to write 1-2 new stories and put 2-3 stories through a critique process in the next few months. And I might even get some illustrations done, as well.
You must log in to post a comment.